ESL at CarriageLane
The English as a Second Language (ESL) ministry of Carriage Lane is designed to help adult internationals and immigrants learn to speak English and function more effectively in the United States. ESL classes are primarily for people who are fluent in other languages but who have limited knowledge of English. Some know little or no English, while others have studied English in their home countries. Many can read and write English, but they need practice speaking and interacting with others in English.
ESL at Carriage Lane welcomes our new friends and neighbors from around the world! Since starting this ministry in 2005, over 1000 students from more than 35 countries have joined us to learn English. Countries include: Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kosovo, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mexico, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Peru, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Thailand, Ukraine, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
- Students are welcome to begin participating at any time – we have open enrollment.
- Classes are organized by varying levels of English fluency: Beginner, Intermediate, High Intermediate, and Advanced.
- A devotional and a light snack are shared during each class.
- Childcare is provided.
- The classes are free; the only cost to students is the price of workbooks if they choose to purchase.
- Christian holidays are observed throughout the class year.
- Christian teaching is incorporated as part of the materials, the devotionals, and in discussions of Christian holidays.
Carriage Lane Presbyterian Church
101 Carriage Lane, Peachtree City
Most Fridays from 9:30 – 11:30 am
September through Early May
For More Information Call: 770-631-4618 Church Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Member Service Opportunities:
Looking for a place to serve? ESL opportunities include teaching English, creating teaching aids, leading fellowship activities, and serving refreshments. ESL volunteers do not need to be professional teachers or speak another language.
If you love Jesus and speak English, you are qualified!